Lunch at Compo's


Today we took the smaller children to visit Holmfirth, the town where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed.  I had never been before even though it is only a 45 minute drive from home.  It was a lovely day all round, the weather was good, the children were well behaved (well sort of) and we had a lovely lunch at Compo's cafe - which is a ten minute walk out of town http://www.compos-cafe.com/

We then drove back a scenic route which was lovely.  We looked at the villages we were travelling through and listened to the girls giggling in the back of the car. 

We then went home via Costa Coffee, one of our favourite haunts.  We go for coffee at Costa every Saturday morning, chat, read the paper, do some emails (more on that one later) and watch the girls enjoying themselves.  Look at these.......


sharing a red berry cooler .........



being a pirate, with the rolled up till receipt as telescope......



being a pirate with a rolled up piece of paper from my shopping list book - we did not have two till receipts, this nearly caused full scale war......


I'm actually very proud of these pictures.  They were took on my new telephone, a blackberry.  I am definately a technophobe.  I have had a basic Sony phone for the past two years.  This was due for upgrade this week so I went for the new Blackberry, the small girly one I suppose.  I have set up my emails, put pictures in my contacts so when the phone rings a little picture of the caller appears.  I have done so much on this phone, I am in love with it.  It is now my little diary, address book, reminder..... it is wonderful.  Thank you Ian for convincing me to get one..... I'm not scared at all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey thats what I am here for.... All that convincing that you would like it paid off. Th edownside, as every BB owner will tell you is that it is addictive..... XX

    ReplyDelete