KNIGHTS IN SHINING ARMOUR? MAYBE

Well, I am unsure of where to start this post. On the day of the League Cup Final, I tuned into my usual five live sport to find a Man United fan being interviewed about his teams chances of lifting the cup. No, alas, he could not talk about that, about the joy and pride of his "beloved" team playing at Wembley, the first words that came out of his mouth were "we are doing all this to silence our noisy neighbours". This made be laugh out loud, but mostly I felt very sorry for this individual, who incidentally did not have a Manchester accent. I would feel the utmost pride if my team were at Wembley, playing in a final, not jealous feelings that a team on your doorstep are on the way up and you are on the way down. Maybe a change of colours is needed!!!

During the next week, the "Red Knights" made themselves known to all that they wanted to buy Manchester United from that lovely god fearing family the Glazers. The Red Knights are a bunch of very rich Manchester United (glory hunters) fans who, the media say, are willing to pay upwards of £1 Billion to purchase this once money making machine. In the middle of this bunch of people is Keith Harris, the fixer. He, apparently has the ability to broker a deal between these Knights and the Glazer crew (just like he didn't do for Mr Ashley at Newcastle).

I'm sure you are following the story so far. If not and you have lost the will to live, or carry on reading, then CBS Drama (channel 149 on SKY) are re running Dynasty. This is somewhat easier to follow.

I take no pleasure (I had to say this to make myself look like a reasonable human being) in the demise of Manchester United, going around the world with their begging bowls. Oh how things have changed. I will wake up in a minute from a dream, Manchester United in no trouble at all, Francis Lee still at the helm at Maine Road, yes, Maine Road........ still there with a falling down stadium and a falling down team that spend their days in the pub instead of on the training ground. Thank you Manchester City oh and Jeff and Fallon will re marry in Dynasty. Another chocolate biscuit I think.

1 comment: