BACK TO SCHOOL

Well this half of the term enters the Spring. There are the first flowers of spring on a rose bush in my front garden. Two perfectly formed pink roses that can be seen from the front window - lovely.

I woke this morning to sheer chaos, getting the children off to school, in their different directions. Just me and my lovely baby daughter today. She is a lovely baby, well not a baby really, toddler I suppose. She has a lovely personality, but today, she has been very clingy and tactile. She wants her daddy but alas, he is away all week with work so that leaves us both in the same boat really!!!

I have sorted through all my knitting patterns and filed them in a reasonable order. Checked on my stocks of wool. My darling eight year old has just started sewing at school. She is really taken with it, so much so, she now has a collection of nearly every colour of embroidery thread and some canvas to sew on. Her interest in this has sparked an old interest of mine in embroidery which I can carry forward to my craft making (I will go through all the crafts that I have done and the ones I haven't yet got round to in future posts. As this is a new blog, I am sure I'm allowed a couple of ramblings before I get into my crafty loves!!!!)

I must say though that I have found a lovely knitting yarn. Baby Crofter DK. It replicates a lovely fairisle pattern - my next post might even include a picture of some of the lovely items I have made out of this yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment